DO-IT-YOURSELF REFERENCES, TIPS & SKILLS: to help us learn or remember how to do many useful things for ourselves, in ways that support a more resilient, self-sufficient, economically-relocalized Pender. See even more at ENERGY REFERENCES, TIPS & SKILLS, and the beginnings of our FOOD REFERENCES, TIPS & SKILLS.
INVITATION: If you have some useful do-it-yourself references, tips or skills to share on this website, we invite you to send them our way by email or comments on posts.
CAUTION: You should triple-check anything you read on the internet or are told by someone, before trying it yourself. In other words, do your own follow-up research and be safe out there!
- CARPENTRY & WOODWORKING FOR BEGINNERS (Sept/Oct Heartwood classes);
- Doing your own Computer Accounting (2014 Heartwood class)
- Innovation & Social Enterprise (2013 Heartwood Learning Day)
- Low-Tech D-I-Y Making & Manufacturing (articles from Low-Tech Magazine)
- Open Source Do-It-Yourself Plans for Key Machines (TED video from Marcin Jakubowksi);
- more to come, especially with the new HEARTWOOD FOLK SCHOOL!