Welcome! Below are POSTS for and by Southern Gulf Islands (SGI) Food Producers and Food Groups.
Join the conversation! The purpose is to create greater knowledge sharing and co-operation on the challenges and exciting possibilities of island farming, and also a potential GULF ISLANDS CO-OP!
This Co-op is intended to prioritize the food growers of Pender, Galiano, Mayne and Saturna, and also follow up on the Southern Gulf Islands Food and Agriculture Strategy.
We invite you to see HERE about writing posts or comments for this category. This could be in response to the 1st Question below, or any questions and feedback. Thanks!
- 1st QUESTION for Food Producers – What do you need from a CO-OP?
- GULF ISLANDS Co-op Proposal – Register to hear more
- The Amazing Living SOIL (June 2017 Class/Discussion)
- HERB GROWING with Master Herbalist Don Ollsin – April 2017
- Attracting POLLINATORS to Grow Food (March, 2017)
- GULF ISLANDS REGISTRY, Calendar, and proposed Co-op!
- Building Hoop GREENHOUSES (September class)
- FOOD PRESERVATION Classes (June, 2015)
- Composting & SOIL BUILDING Classes (January, 2015)
- Beginner & ORGANIC Food Growing Classes (November, 2014)
- Herbs and MUSHROOM GARDENS (June, 2014)
- FRUIT TREE Workshop (June, 2013)
- “NETTLEFEST” wild plant workshop, dinner & celebration
- POULTRY RAISING Workshop – January 19, 2013
- RAINWATER Harvesting Guide
- SEED SAVING & Seed Bank workshop (Sept 29)
- HAZELNUT Tree Planting! (Feb 28 & 29)
- Food Growing – February & March activities