Beginning Fall, 2017: new Heartwood class series on MAKING A SUSTAINABLE LIVING ON AN ISLAND
Focus: the Southern Gulf Islands of Pender, Mayne, Galiano and Saturna, so that you or your family can make a living and therefore live in a paradise like this beautiful place! (see below)
* Classes intended to provide inspiration, a reality check, and experienced practical advice, for both current/potential Gulf Island residents or visitors. This includes: younger/other persons wanting to start up an island business or non-profit; existing businesses; or non-profits interested in skill-building and/or social enterprise.
* WEEKEND CLASSES (dates & class fees to be confirmed), inviting people to choose from 1 or more topics such as:
- Creating your Sustainable Island Enterprise (Business Plan & Start-Up Fundamentals) Sept 23?
- Computerized Accounting for your Business or Non-Profit (Beginner & Advanced Classes) Oct 21?
- Turning Education / Teaching into Sustainable Island Enterprise (For-Profit or Non-Profit)
- Turning Your Art or Craft into Sustainable Island Enterprise
- Turning Food Growing into Sustainable Island Enterprise
- Internet Promotion and/or Sales for your Island Enterprise
- Sustainable, Profitable, Island Event & Retreat Planning
A calendar “Event” can include a simple scheduled Open House Day when you invite customers to come check out your latest products, or also a Watch & Learn Day, when you invite people to observe new techniques that you are willing to demonstrate (e.g. in exchange for an honorarium, or their help). This is all part of the above class focus on a multitude of ways to create a sustainable island enterprise!